Monday, October 9, 2017

Blue Door!

At last I have a blue front door! I spent yesterday prepping and painting my front door - it now looks bright and fresh and very welcoming.

Now you can walk up the fourteen steps and actually FIND a blue door!

The lighter shade will be the colour I'll be using to paint all the external woodwork on the house - barge-boards, soffits and window-frames. I'm hoping to get it all done this summer, but that depends on how much repair work needs to be done. I know there is some.
I'm also going to repaint the concrete of the balcony and the steps - at the moment its a rather awful shade of yellowish cream and it shows every speck of dirt and dust and I'm forever scrubbing it.........I'm going to choose a colour that will go some way to hiding some of that dirt and I'll be replacing the old wrought-iron balustrading with something a bit smarter and more enclosing. I want to create a more private and lovely place to sit out the front, with a potted garden and some nice outdoor furniture. This balcony is shady in the afternoon, so it's a great place to find a bit of cool on a summer evening. 






4 comments:

  1. Thank you! So much nicer than how it was ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shades of blue. Are you going to paint the garage door to match? What a transformation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathran - yes - I'll be painting everything outside that is currently the yellow/cream with the lighter of these two blues. I think it will dramatically improve the street appeal of the house, especially once I also makle the front balcony more user friendly!

      Delete